MotorSolve | SRM Features
MotorSolve SRM is the easy-to-use software for modeling, simulating and predicting the performance of switched reluctance (SRM) motors.
The software has been tailored with a motor designer's needs in mind, making it easy to analyze and optimize any switched reluctance motor.
The rapid and accurate results are based on automated FEA simulations. There are several analysis methods included, which gives the user control the level of refinement (accuracy vs time). Read more about the analysis types included in MotorSolve SRM.
Templates & Design Parameters
- Geometric dimensions of the rotor and stator
- Templates for both interior and exterior types
- Number of rotor and stator poles can be arbitrarily large
- Polyphase machines supported
- Vary firing angles for continuous conduction mode analysis over a wide range of speeds
- Select laminations and wire materials from extensive database
All standard slot types (square, round, slotless, parallel tooth, etc) are also included.
Custom rotor and stator geometries can be imported.
- Coil winding layout: Select from a list of automatically calculated balanced layouts or specify via manual entry
- Detailed end winding geometry
- Supports several wire sizing methods
- Relevant factors (winding factor, fill factor, etc) are automatically calculated
Charts, Fields and Motor Performance
- Flux Linkage
- Static torque
- Torque vs. Speed
- And many more
- Flux function
- Flux density
- Current density
- Surface force density
- Winding losses
- And many more
Powerful scripting capability for customization, batching and optimization: All MotorSolve commands can be accessed through APIs. Use this feature with any programming language or ActiveX compliant software (e.g. Microsoft Excel)
Report and Output
- Design parameters, performance data and summary comparisons can be recorded in an experimental log or report (PDF)
- Results are easily accessible either with the use of the clipboard or export functionality
- The summary feature compares two or more designs side-by-side and highlights the differences in design data
- OPAL-RT eDRIVEsim
- Data export (as table or chart)