Opal-RT eDRIVEsim ExportMotorSolve behavioral model export
The MotorSolve behavioral model export for OPAL-RT eDRIVEsim combines real-time drive testing software technology with electric machine design.
Benefits of the OPAL-RT/Infolytica Solution
Using MotorSolve, the machine designer can export a motor data file compatible with OPAL-RT's software which the control engineer can transfer this data to RT-LAB FPGA simulators.
- Time spent using a real motor bench to test motor controllers could be reduced to a minimum by using a real-time simulator with accurate motor behaviour.
- Control engineers could test their controller with different points of operation or non-ideal zones, such as saturated regime.
- Control engineers could also test faults, such as short or open circuit, that could be damageable on a real motor.
- Time-to-market would be faster, while a new motor design could be validated with a controller before manufacturing.
- Using high-fidelity motor models helps the control engineers simulate complex, non ideal behavior, such as cogging torque, and design a controller to reduce torque ripple.
- Control engineers could simulate the variation in motor inductance at high currents, which greatly affects the torque produced by the motor, and test the controller accordingly.